AWARDING THE BEST IN THE MEETINGS INDUSTRY
The WINNERS of the Conventa Best Event Award 2021 have been announced
Under the watchful eye of a 17-member international jury, the winners of Conventa Best Event Award2021 were officially announced. The grand finale of the competition took place on Friday, 27 August2021 in the Švicarija Creative Centre. From 18 projects that made it into the final round of voting, 4winners were selected; the best B2B, B2C, B21 and CROSSOVER event. Furthermore, 5 special awardswere given out at the award ceremony.
Conventa Best Event Award is an annual competition that awards the best events in the region of NewEurope. The competition was established as part of the Conventa brand. For the past six years, the grandfinale of the competition has been taking place at the Conventa Crossover conference. The evaluation ofregistered events follows a unique 80:20 model (80% of the votes come from the jury and 20% from theaudience at the Conventa Crossover conference).
In the first phase of evaluation, the jury carried out a pre-selection of the registered projects and chose 20events that made it into the semi-final. In the second phase, all members of the jury panel evaluated eachproject according to the following criteria: creativity, relevance, innovation, execution, event results, eventcommunication, sustainable policies, legacy, and overall final impression. Based on the evaluated criteria, 18 projects exceeded the threshold and moved into the finals.
The finalists presented their projects on Thursday, 26 August 2021 at 17:00 at the GR – Ljubljana Exhibitionand Convention Centre. Attendees were able to support their favourite event agency by joining the livevoting session and contributing 20% to the final score. The grand finale, where the winner was chosen,took place on Friday, 27 August 2021 in the Švicarija Creative Centre in Ljubljana’s Tivoli Park.
BEST B2B (Business-to-Business) EVENT
The award for the BEST B2B (Business-to-Business) EVENT went to Feel Sloveni@ Business Date, aseries of virtual business tourism events, bringing together foreign tour operators (TOs) and tourist agents (TAs) with the representatives of the Slovenian tourism industry. The event was organised by the SlovenianTourist Board.
• 2nd place in category B2B went to “O2XYGEN” – The First HYBRID Fashion Show in the Balkans
• 3rd place in category B2B went to Huawei Eco-Connect Poland 2020
BEST B2C (Business-to-Customer) EVENT
With open arms at FIMP House, a fully virtual event won first place in the category BEST B2C (Business-to-Customer) EVENT. A beautiful house in 3D welcomed paediatricians for their annual congress,redesigned into a virtual version. The event was organised by AIM Group International.
• 2nd place in category B2C went to Secret dinner
• 3rd place in category B2C went to Communicating serious illnesses: A series of content marketingevents
BEST B2I (Business-to-Individual) EVENT
Every good team deserves a good team building. And every year deserves a celebration, even the year2020. First place in the category BEST B2I (Business-to-Individual) EVENT went to December FestivitiesA P A R T TOGETHER. The event was organised by New Moment.
• 2nd place in category B2I went to VEKOL DHC: Introducing The World’s FIRST Destination Hybrid Company
• 3rd place in category B2I went to HYLA World Conference 2021
BEST CROSSOVER EVENT
Zagreb Digital Nomad Week won first place in the category BEST CROSSOVER EVENT. Zagreb held agroundbreaking event for digital nomads in June 2021, only 6 months after devastating earthquakes in2020. The event was organised by Saltwater Nomads.
• 2nd place in category CROSSOVER went to Travelling with Icare
• 3rd place in category CROSSOVER went to Dubrovnik Digital Nomads-in-Residence
5 special awards were also handed out:
1. The Conventa GRAND PRIX AWARD went to Feel Sloveni@ Business Date, the event with the mostpoints in the competition
2. The AUDIENCE AWARD went to Dubrovnik Digital Nomads-in-Residence, the event that received themost points from the audience.
3. The BEST IN CREATIVITY AWARD went to the event with the highest score for creativity from the jury. That was With open arms at FIMP House.
4. The BEST IN SUSTAINABILITY award went to the event with the highest score for sustainability from the jury. That was Zagreb Digital Nomad Week.
5. And last, but not least, the BEST EVENT AGENCY AWARD went to Komunikacijski laboratorij fromCroatia.