Fira Mediterrània de Manresa 2011
For 4 days, Manresa offers 106 shows around some thirty areas.
Fira Mediterrània of Manresa is a market for new artistic creations inspired by Catalan traditions or those common to the Mediterranean shores.
Organised by the Fira Mediterrània Foundation, it has been held annually in Manresa for thirteen years, during the first weekend of November. The 14th edition of the Market will be held from 3 to 6 November 2011.
Being a market, the main objective of Mediterrània is to help the programmed acts to be contracted by the attending programmers. There are usually around a hundred different artistic shows on offer
* Music, theatre and dance shows.
* Shows for adult and family audiences
* Stage shows and also street performances
Most of the shows are Catalan, but the event is open to all regions of the Mediterranean: in the past, the Trade Fair has featured acts from nearby Occitan and Piedmont, to more distant regions, such as Greece, Lebanon, North Africa and the Near East, and others.
Attracted by this exceptional programme, more than 1000 delegates sign up for Fira Mediterrània each year. Thanks to this professional exchange, other objectives are achieved:
* Provide incentives for the creation of new quality artistic productions and present them to a wider audience
* Internationalise artistic productions developed in Catalonia
* Provide a showcase and main exhibition point for the sector
* Act as a meeting place for professionals from the Catalan speaking world
* Create a forum for cultural exchange between the different regions of the Mediterranean